Assignment 1: Application – Protocol for Diagnosis, Matnagement, and Followe of DisordersAs pediatric patients grow from infancy to adolescence, there are many common body system disorders that may potentially present. As an advanced practice nurse caring for these patients, you must understand the pathophysiology and epidemiology of these disorders as this will help you to recognize symptoms and select appropriate assessment and treatment options. In this Assignment, you prepare for your role in clinical settings as you design a protocol for the diagnosis, management, and follow-up care for a common body system disorder. To prepare:
- Reflect on the body system disorder that you selected in Week 5. Cystic Fibrosis is the disorder selected.
- Think about the pathophysiology and epidemiology of the disorder.
- Consider a protocol for the diagnosis, management, and follow-up care of the disorder you selected.
- Think about how culture might impact the care of patients who present with this disorder.
- Explain the disorder you selected, including its pathophysiology and epidemiology.
- Explain a protocol for the diagnosis, management, and follow-up care of this disorder.
- Explain how culture might impact the care of patients who present with the disorder you selected.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/templates). All papers submitted must use this formatting.